Tributes to Christo Come Flooding In
Great Dixter, Thursday 2nd February, 2006.
Hundreds of cards and messages have been received at Dixter following the death of Christo on Friday last week. The team at Dixter, and the family, are very appreciative.
Christo was cremated in private this morning, according to his wishes. His ashes will be returned to Dixter in due course.
There have been many wonderful articles and obituaries written about Christo in newspapers all over the world. Here is a selection that are freely available on the web. Please let me know if you find any others that I have not yet seen and I shall add to the links below.
- Gardener of Delights (Financial Times)
- Dear Friend & Gardener (The Telegraph)
- These second cousins of chaos give us a hint of immortality (The Guardian)
- Gardening legend who was as colourful as his plants (The Guardian)
- Critic and writer whose quest for horticultural excellence made an attraction of his home at Great Dixter (The Times)
- Writer and gardener dies, aged 84 (BBC News)
- Christopher Lloyd, doyen of gardening, dies at 84 (The Telegraph)
- A Gardening Guru Takes his Leave (Gardenbuddies.com)
- Christopher Lloyd, An English Gardener (The Economist)
- The Dynamo of Dixter (The Washington Post)
- Christopher Lloyd, OBE, VMH (RHS Online)
- A Gardener's Garden (BBC Gardening Website)
- Christopher Lloyd (The Independent)